Work Hard. Work Smart.Sep 26, 2023
There are many talking (empty) heads who lecture us all about working too hard.
As if, when you work hard, somehow you will miss out on life, or time spent with your family.
To them I say poppycock. Be quiet, you clouds with no rain.
Like many of you I’m an entrepreneur. Serial. So I think about my entrepreneurial mission 24/7.
Even when I take the Sabbath, the day of rest, guess what God and I talk about. His business.
Does that mean that I don’t spend time with my family? Not at all, I’ve learned to walk and chew gum at the same time. I’m a grown man, not a child, so it’s not either/or, it’s and/both.
When it comes to the Lord’s work, I’ve never allowed the dots between business, purpose, success and faith to be disconnected. I’m in a family business, God’s.
One of my favorite serial entrepreneurs is the Apostle Paul (the tentmaker).
- For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example
- We were not idle when we were with you
- Nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it
- On the contrary, we worked night and day
- Laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you
- We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate
- For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
You see, my work is a calling from God. A mission/assignment. This kind of work is worship.
Folks, be fruitful and multiply. As my dad would often say to me and my young friends, “less talk and more work!”