The Difference Between Preparing and Being PreparedMay 31, 2022
There is a huge difference between ...
- preparing to prosper
- and being-prepared to prosper
Being prepared means you-are-ready.
Preparing means you are trying-to-get-ready ... but not yet ready.
When it comes to your professional dreams and goals, which are you?
- A new soldier is preparing for battle.
- A seasoned soldier is prepared for battle.
See the difference?
Are you preparing to win, or are you prepared to win.
>> There is nothing wrong with preparing, but at some point you have to be prepared.
You have to have done your homework. Here's some wisdom from the book of wisdom, Proverbs.
Proverbs 28:19-20 NIV - Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty. A faithful person will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.
Proverbs 24:27 AMP - Prepare your work outside and get it ready for yourself in the field; afterward build your house and establish a home.
God wants to prosper you. At some point you must actually be prepared.
- If you are a Christ-follower your faith must be bold and strong for God's assignments — be prepared
- If you are a Christ-follower you must understand your purpose as a marketplace disciple — be prepared
- if you want God to prosper your career, be up-to-date and ready for the promotion — be prepared
- if you want to become an entrepreneur and start a business — be prepared
- if you are a seasoned entrepreneur trying to scale and grow your business — be prepared
Whatever you are pursuing, understand what being prepared looks like.
>> Why is this important?
It's important because you have God-planted dreams and goals inside you. God wants you to succeed and prosper.
Everyday I see good people with big dreams ... yet no results.
Why? 99% of the time, they're not prepared.
I see this with both new and experienced entrepreneurs, they are preparing but not prepared.
I see this people struggling to find a job or get promoted. Same thing.
I see this with people in ministry.
Here's some tough love, find out what prepared looks like, and then get prepared. God is waiting on you to do this.
Once you are prepared — then God will prosper you.