Permission To Pray This WayJan 20, 2022
3 John 2 AMP - Beloved, I pray that in every way you may succeed and prosper and be in good health [physically], just as [I know] your soul prospers [spiritually].
This morning when I was reading the scriptures, the Lord led me to the book of 3 John, written by the apostle John to a very good friend who was going through a tough time. I was reading this in the amplified translation and I couldn't help but think, what a beautiful prayer. I would love it if my friends prayed for me this way.
- I pray that in EVERY way you may succeed and prosper
- and be in good health (physically)
- just as your soul prospers (spiritually)
The Lord spoke to me saying "This is how everyone should pray for themselves and their love ones, they should ask me to give them success and prosperity in every area of their lives. But many of my children are too afraid to ask me for these things. They don't know that whatever is written in My Word, this is My will."
Then He directed me to this biblical promise.
1 John 5:14-15 AMP - This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us. And if we know [for a fact, as indeed we do] that He hears and listens to us in whatever we ask, we [also] know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted to us] the requests which we have asked from Him.
- in this we can be confident
- as believers we are entitled to this
- if we ask ANYTHING according to His will
- we have granted to us the requests which we have asked from Him
Folks, I see so much lack in this world, materially, physically and spiritually. These biblical promises should give you the freedom and permission to approach God and ask Him for whatever you need. No need to be shy, He already knows what you need, want and desire — before you even ask.
- don't be afraid to ask God to prosper you so you can provide for your family, including your children's children
- don't be afraid to ask God to grant you abundant prosperity (Deuteronomy 28:11) so you can increase your generosity
- don't be afraid to ask God to heal your body
- don't be afraid to ask God to prosper you spiritually
And while you're at it, pray for me this way. This is how I pray for you every single morning. Whether I know you or not, no matter how you got on my email list, or how God directed you to my social media posts, this is how I pray for you.
God is giving us permission to approach Him in prayer this way. He wants to bless you more than you want Him to. I know that can be hard to believe sometimes, but it's true.
Will you pause right now and pray this way for yourself, your family, friends and even strangers. Why else would He assure us of this in Matthew 7:7?
You have permission to be free in Jesus' Mighty Name. Ask Freely. Receive Freely.