Connecting the dots between your purpose and your promised prosperityOct 20, 2021
If you are struggling with the idea that God has an actual plan and purpose for your life ... and that He promises to prosper you, read on.
Allow me to connect some dots between your purpose, His great commission for all of His disciples (that's you), and His biblical promises for you to prosper.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
When life is grand and everything is going as planned, you won't be asking these questions. But when life isn't working out the way you planned it, when you are experiencing a lack in your finances, health, relationships, faith, and purpose, your heart will be screaming out these questions.
So what's going on? God's shaking up His people! When God allows discomfort, it's always an awakening to draw us closer to the comforter. Does He have your attention?
You are about the receive your new deployment papers. What? Oh, I have news for you, when you became a Christian, you joined the army of the Lord. You're not on a cruise ship, you're on a battleship. And make no mistake, the world is at war. A war between good and evil.
So what in the world is going on?
The Shaking - Globalism, big tech censorship, one-sided news propaganda, cancel-culture, the politicization of covid, vaccine mandates and passports, church shutdowns, riots and protest, CRT, division by politics, race, gender, and identity. Much of the globe, including America, has been highjacked by Marxism, Radical Islam, and Wokeness. Evil is in the cockpit.
Your freedoms, peace, and prosperity are being hijacked by anti-God ideologies. There's no doubt God is shaking up our personal lives, churches, and nations. For far too long, the church has gone along just to get along. It is asleep and broken.
FACT: only 6% of believers have a biblical worldview or political IQ. Less than 5% have made the Bible the center of their lives. Less than 25% of pastors/churches believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. (Barna Research)
The Awakening - It’s time for the body of Christ, the Ekklesia, to rise up and resist evil. We must be awakened and unapologetic in our quest to equip millions for their marketplace calling — to demolish satan's strongholds and destroy the works of the devil. To transform the marketplace with the Kingdom of God.
The Great Commission - The marching orders are for us to go and make disciples of nations. This is to ALL disciples. That's you. Jesus refers to us as His Ekklesia. The first-century Church was a 24/7 people movement started by Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:18-20 NIV - Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The marketplace: business, media, arts and entertainment, education, government, education, religion, and the family unit are all part of the 7 marketplace mountains of every nation. The marketplace is the heartbeat of every city and nation. The first-century church invaded the marketplace with the Kingdom of God. They weren't inviting people to church, a building. They were the church, and they went where people were already gathering, mostly at people's dinner tables.
Here's a snapshot of what things looked like.
The Fellowship of the Believers. Acts 2:42-47 NIV - They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
We (the modern Church) on the other hand, have allowed God to be removed from all of the mountains. Um, Houston we have a problem!
You Are A Marketplace Minister
Whether you are part of the global workforce or a small business entrepreneur, if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you are His disciple. And a disciple — disciples. Regardless of your pedigree or qualifications, this makes you God's marketplace minister, co-equal with a pulpit minister. The goal is to transform the marketplace with The Kingdom of God. This is how we disciple nations.
So what can you do?
- Discover your God's plan and purpose for your life, for this season in your life. This is your marketplace calling that will always be aligned with the great commission. Ephesians 1:11, 4:1, 11-16. If you're not sure how to do this, we've helped thousands discover their marketplace calling at CanaGlobal. We've even waived our online program cost - Learn More Here.
- Be a part of rebuilding the Church, your calling will always reach the unsaved and equip believers for works of service. Ephesians 4:12.
- Be a part of restoring the marketplace, this is how we disciple nations. How? When you are a part of the body of Christ, God's calling will always take you into the marketplace where you will have unlimited opportunities to transform everyone, everything, and every place with the Kingdom of God. You will be bringing light into darkness. How?
- Bless them. Use your words to bless those you come into contact with.
- Fellowship with the marketplace. The first-century church high-jacked the dinner table, the place where people were already gathering. This is how you build relationships.
- Help them with their practical needs. When you begin to invite outsiders to your dinner table, you'll soon learn about their practical needs. Do you know someone with a career, business, financial, relational, faith, or purpose need? Get to know them and ask them for permission to pray for them. Watch God do miracles in their lives. Be generous and help them in every practical way that you can. God promises to replenish your supply.
- Share the Kingdom of God. How? If you have already blessed them, fellowshipped, helped them, they will have already experienced the Kingdom of God. They will want to join the body of Christ. They will soon repeat what they experienced with you. This is multiplication.
- Bless them. Use your words to bless those you come into contact with.
Prosperity - Now on to biblical prosperity. Does God promise to prosper you? Yes! Are their conditions? Yes. What does the Bible say?
3 John 2 (AMP) – Beloved, I pray that in every way you may succeed and prosper and be in good health [physically], just as [I know] your soul prospers [spiritually].
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Deuteronomy 5:33 (NIV) – Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
Deuteronomy 28:11 (NIV) – The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.
Psalm 1:3 (NIV) – That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 128:2 (NIV) – You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Proverbs 8:18 (NIV) – With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
Proverbs 11:25 (NIV) – A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 16:20 (NIV) – Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.
Philippians 4:12 (AMP) – I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need.
If you need God's prosperity in your life, I've dedicated a whole chapter to prosperity in my book HisPlan MyPlan: Roadmap to Your Purpose. Or, you can learn more by joining our free video series at CanaGlobal.
If you are looking to discover God's plan and purpose for your life, the journey of your destiny is quite the adventure. And when you become focused on living out your calling, making the Kingdom of God first, your #1 priority, God has an amazing promise for you that can be found in the gospel of Matthew.
Matthew 6:33 NIV - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Kingdom Is Calling.