Are you between one career/entrepreneurial season and the next?Jun 24, 2022
Many of you have found yourselves between one career/entrepreneurial season and the next.
You've sought God's direction for what's next.
How do you know what you are actually pursuing is from God?
In my book HisPlan MyPlan and in our HisPlan MyPlan digital course at CanaGlobal, we have a whole chapter/stage (#8) dedicated to this.
Anytime a new life season presents itself, fresh questions arise.
- How does God begin to reveal His plan and purpose (assignment) to us?
- Is this really from God?
- What do the first steps look like?
The way God presents a new season varies, but you'll start with a vision of a problem He assigns you to solve.
It's often leading or helping in a new venture, project or movement.
But either way, you'll have to receive it by faith because it will be God-sized, bigger than anything you could ever do alone.
Without great faith, our minds can't map a God-sized assignment.
Our perceived lack of resources will produce so many unanswered questions, most will quit before they ever get started.
God's methods for revealing His plans to us can vary drastically, but you will always have an idea or desire that won't go away.
Don't expect God to reveal every detail, you'll have to accept that you are on a need-to-know basis.
You'll only be able to see part of the journey.
What are the first steps?
Obedience. Write down your vision first.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 MSG
- And then God answered: “Write this.
- Write what you see.
- Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run.
- This vision-message is a witness pointing to what’s coming.
- It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
- And it doesn’t lie.
- If it seems slow in coming, wait.
- It’s on its way. It will come right on time.
Jump 100% into understanding what being prepared looks like, then get prepared to succeed.
Watch for God's green light to take the firsts steps forward.
God is not looking for perfection, He is looking for consistency and perseverance.
- You will have to leave your comfort zone.
- When He says start, start.
- Don't wait for ideal conditions, they don't exist.
He wants you to accept the assignment through obedience and faith.
Ready. Set. Go.